Guess what day it is?! Hump dayyyyy. If you don’t know that reference then we cannot be friends. I don’t care how annoying that commercial is, it is downright funny. Lots of new things are going on and I just couldn’t stand to do a wordless Wednesday post so I’m gonna attempt to fast forward to Friday and list five cool things. Go with it, okay?
- Boot shopping. I desperately want tall brown riding boots so that I can make all my Pinterest outfits work. They are such an important staple to a fall wardrobe (coming from me, who is obviously an expert at fashion) and I just really want them. The only problem? My huge calves. The boots that simply pull on will barely go above my ankle and the boots that zip up only do so about half way. Curse you, large calves. I did find a pair I liked that were “extended calf” and they fit really well and left lots and lots of space for my calves to be large. The only downside is that they were 60 bucks at Payless. I know 60 bucks is sort of reasonable for tall riding boots, but I have a hard time paying that at Payless since I’m not completely sure about the quality. I’m going to continue to shop around and hopefully find some that will work for my calves.
- Ragnar Vegas. After doing my first relay last year (Hood to Coast) which you can read about here, here, and here, I sort of really liked it and told myself if the opportunity came up to do another one, then I would be on board. Well, luckily Nuun is sponsoring a Ragnar team to Las Vegas this year and I am a team member. Fortunately some of my Hood to Coast teammates are also on the team and I believe we are in the same van. We were short a few runners so I reached out to Brennan since I’ve been reading her blog for a while and she is a speed demon and she agreed to do it also! So much blogger and Nuun love going around! It will be my first time in Vegas and we won’t have time for much sightseeing but I’m going with the motto You Only Live Once and am going to try to see and do everything I can even if it means lack of sleep.
- Going back to school. Currently I am in a graduate program to get my teaching license in order to teach English for grades 6-12. Since I decided what to do with my life after my senior year of undergrad had started, it put me behind in the required English classes I needed to take in order to complete the licensure program and student teach next fall. So, since I have to take just a few more undergrad classes so that I can be qualified to teach, I will be going back to the good ole University of Tennessee this spring. It will be weird to not have 18 hours and to not live on campus, but hopefully I can just push through these last few classes and be able to rock out my student teaching next year. Bring it on!
- Cinnamon bread. Not sure if any of y’all have ever heard of Dollywood, but it is our local amusement park. We get season passes every year through my work and take advantage of them as often as possible. We prefer to go in the fall since it is a lot cooler outside and much less tourists. No matter when we go, we cannot leave without stopping at The Grist Mill and getting cinnamon bread. Holy cow it is the best thing you will ever eat. I wish this photo had a scratch and taste option because it is seriously the greatest tasting thing of all time. If you ever come to the area, do yourself a favor and get some. Oh, and they are calorie free because I said so. :)
- Fat photos/Weight Loss Story. I added a new tab at the top of the blog for weight loss story. It has the basic run down of where I came from, where I went to, where I fell back, and where I am going. It might be able to answer any questions you have had about my personal weight loss journey. Check it out if you’d like. But for right now, please tell me how attractive I was during high school. This picture makes me see my weight loss in my face the most.
Happy Hump Day! Now it is your turn!! Share five things with me and let’s pretend it is Friday!