Maybe it is just because I have been busier than usual, but June sure did fly by! I always love the first of the month…it is like New Year’s Day, only it is a new month. It is nice that July starts on a Monday. New month, new week, ya know? Yeah. So let us recap what went down over the past month.
- I ran a mile without stopping for the first time in five months. Get you some of that! And not just once but twice. Since I had the opportunity to spend every weekday morning in June at the gym, I took advantage on “getting back in shape” and really working hard. That hard work and effort translated into being able to run harder for longer. I was able to do my mile test (a huge fear) and pass with flying colors. Not only did I complete a mile without stopping (twice) but I did it in relatively good time given my current fitness level.
- I took a CrossFit class. Getting to step outside the box and try new things was great for my confidence and I was lucky enough to get to attend a fantastic CrossFit class. I surprised myself with what I was able to do during the workout and was even more surprised that I actually enjoyed it.
- I did a 5k. Even though I am not in shape like I used to be, I still did a June race and was lucky enough to have my best friend run it with me! She ran the entire thing without stopping which was her goal and we both got medals. You can’t beat that.
- I gave up the scale. With the start of summer I said so long to the scale and gave it up until at least Labor Day. I can already tell a mental difference in the relationship I have with food and the relationship I have with exercise. I eat to live and don’t live to eat and I am able to exercise without freaking out about a silly little, or big, number.
- I completed the majority of my last undergraduate classes. I had to take one session of summer school which began the first of June and last until July 3. I’ve spent the month of June doing group projects, writing and researching for my senior study, and volunteering at events for my event management class. Two more days and I will officially be done with undergrad.
Yeah, my life probably seems boring to most, but I am so thankful to have had a perfect June. This was my last “kid summer” and I am soaking it up. Bring it on, July!!